TIMEGEAR Cuckoo Clock with Night Mode and Quartz Movement (Brown)
- ⭐ NIGHT MODE: When you turn off the light, the clock stops chiming and the cuckoo bird will not disturb you in the night.
- ⭐ QUARTZ MOVEMENT: Modern clock movement does not require winding and is powered by 2x D-size batteries.
- ⭐ CLASSIC GERMAN STYLE: The clock is representing the traditional Bavarian house, surrounded by trees and animals
- ⭐ MOVING PARTS: A small cuckoo bird comes out and sings every hour. The bird flaps its wings when the call is sounded. The wooden pendulum is swinging permanently.
- ⭐ TRADITIONAL DESIGN: The cuckoo clock is decorated with hand carved wooden elements, showing scenes from the nature.
Availability: In stock
The first cuckoo clock was developed by watchmakers in Germany’s Black Forest region in the 18th century. The mechanism of the watches was made using suspended weights, and their accuracy was ensured using a pendulum. The body of the watches was made of wood and resembled a small rural house. The watches' unusual design proved very popular, and the cuckoo clock has endured for over 300 years.
Modern cuckoo clocks improve on the traditional design by including a quartz mechanism, which is battery-operated. In modern cuckoo clocks, the sound can be regulated and even turned off completely, making the design more practical.
THE CUCKOO: The bird appears each hour, flaps its wings and sings. As the cuckoo sings, you can hear the sound of the forest in the background. The number of cuckoo calls indicates the coming hour.
NIGHT MODE: The clock has a built-in light sensor. It located above the XII mark on the clock’s dial. The night mode is activated automatically. When it gets dark in the room, the clock stops chiming.
VOLUME CONTROL: You can adjust the sound volume with the switch on the side panel. If you get tired of the cuckoo, you can turn it off.
MOVEMENT: The clock uses a modern quartz movement to provide a good timekeeping.
BATTERIES: Two D batteries are required. The batteries are not included.
- Hand carved decorations;
- Multi-layer matt lacquer finish;
- A moving cuckoo bird and swinging pendulum;
- Automatic night mode;
Clock dimensions (without pendulum and weights, W x L x H): 6" x 11" x 14".
Clock height with pendulum and weights: 2'1" (63 cm)
Product weight: 2.7 lbs.